The 5 New Year’s Resolutions That Will Make The Biggest Difference In Your Smile!
Posted by Edgewater Dental on Jan 6 2021, 05:44 AM
As 2021 finally begins we all look forward to days that are socially distant and mask-free. If you haven’t given much thought to your smile because you have been hiding behind a mask for the past year it might be time to dedicate this year’s resolution to getting that smile photo-ready. We have 5 resolutions that will make all the difference in your smile.
- Brush Twice a Day – It is recommended that you should be brushing your teeth twice a day. If you aren’t already doing this one option might be to set daily reminder alerts on your phone for right after you get up and before bed.
- Quit Smoking - Putting an end to cigarette smoking and other tobacco products can make a dramatic improvement on not just your oral health but your overall wellness. Consider free programs, and support groups to get assistance for quitting tobacco.
- Remember to Floss – Brushing is certainly the mainstay of oral health but don’t overlook the importance of regularly flossing. Flossing before bedtime can make a dramatic improvement on the health of your gums and the look of your smile as it prevents loss of the gumline which gives a person that “long in the tooth” appearance.
- Drink Water instead of Soda – Sipping on soda all day can be one of the worst things you can do for your oral health. Bathing your teeth in soda can quickly lead to cavities and costly dental bills. Not only is drinking water beneficial for your oral health as it helps flush away food particles and sugars but the subtraction of those empty calories from your daily diet provides a big boost to your ability to avoid a swelling waistline.
- Stop Using Your Teeth As Tools – Its often tempting to tear open a bag of chips with your teeth or maybe you tend to chew on your pencils or pens in time of stress. These behaviors can be extremely destructive and can result in cracked teeth or even the need for root canals. Finding more creative ways to deal with opening bags or stress can be a major factor in protecting your smile and saving you thousands of dollars in dental expenses.
If you haven’t had a dental cleaning and exam might be the perfect time to start. Reach us at https://www.edgewater-dent.com/ or 832-352-7120.